Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Create Permutations for fields in Alteryx based on a specified criteria

Shaina1
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I have a list of fields (attached below)-which has certain statuses- the ask is to consider the green marked statuses only i.e. if say for MS the status=Delivered then it's in contention and so on. I want to create another field let's say "Common Delivered"-wherein a combination of fields from MS to CM are delivered. The issue is that some of these fields may not be applicable-so I need to create permutations i.e. (MS to CM) Status=Delivered then (MS to BM) Status =Delivered. Basically the formula would be all 7 fields="Delivered" then "Common Delivered" elseif 6 * fields=Delivered then "Common Delivered (6 Unique permutations of MS, DT etc)-then 5 unique permutations when status="Delivered". If create these combinations manually then I think I would need to create 42 combinations which is a lot ! Is there any workaround or macro which can help me achieve this ? Kindly let me know. Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Shaina1 ,

I hope that this works to help you.

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
Shaina1
8 - Asteroid

Thank you so much for the detailed explanation ! Really appreciate you taking out the time to explain to me all the steps taken in the workflow. I will make sure that going forward I post my questions in a more structured manner. Thanks Again !

Labels