Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Create Permutations for fields in Alteryx based on a specified criteria

Shaina1
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I have a list of fields (attached below)-which has certain statuses- the ask is to consider the green marked statuses only i.e. if say for MS the status=Delivered then it's in contention and so on. I want to create another field let's say "Common Delivered"-wherein a combination of fields from MS to CM are delivered. The issue is that some of these fields may not be applicable-so I need to create permutations i.e. (MS to CM) Status=Delivered then (MS to BM) Status =Delivered. Basically the formula would be all 7 fields="Delivered" then "Common Delivered" elseif 6 * fields=Delivered then "Common Delivered (6 Unique permutations of MS, DT etc)-then 5 unique permutations when status="Delivered". If create these combinations manually then I think I would need to create 42 combinations which is a lot ! Is there any workaround or macro which can help me achieve this ? Kindly let me know. Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Shaina1 ,

I hope that this works to help you.

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
Shaina1
8 - Asteroid

Thank you so much for the detailed explanation ! Really appreciate you taking out the time to explain to me all the steps taken in the workflow. I will make sure that going forward I post my questions in a more structured manner. Thanks Again !

Labels