Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Create Multiple Columns

bertal34
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I am trying to create multiple fields to cover each scenario of MTD (TY & LY) and YTD (TY&LY).  

Attached is an example with input data and what I would like to see as output.

thank you,

Jesse

6 REPLIES 6
T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Hi @bertal34,

One formula tool with multiple If formulas does this.

Create columns.png

bertal34
8 - Asteroid

Thank you for your reply.  This is exactly how I'm solving the problem now, however it is mundane and I have several additional columns than just Sales & Qty.  I was looking for a different solution that was not so formula intensive.  Any ideas?

T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Hi @bertal34,

That makes more sense than just what your sample data had in it.  Try the attached workflow.  I added a few extra fields test formatting.  The top part of the workflow generates the template to get the fields in the right order.  The bottom part puts the data into the right fields.  Union the template to the data and Join back to the source data.  A much more complex workflow, but much more dynamic.

Create columns dynamically.png

AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@bertal34 - would the attached approach work for you?

AbhilashR_0-1585345778751.png

bertal34
8 - Asteroid

@T_Willins 

Thank you so much for taking the time/effort to help me.  This is a slick solution that fits no matter how many measures I have.  Awesome!!

bertal34
8 - Asteroid

@AbhilashR Thank you for offering a solution that works as well!  

Labels