Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Covert different time zone to local time

Jennyman130
7 - Meteor

Hi all,

I would like to change the  date and time of various time zones in the data for performing the review easily, for example: 11/3/2017 4:15 PM AWST. The AWST here stands for Australian Western Standard Time, and I would like to covert it to local time - Hong Kong time. Is it possible please?

Many thanks in advance,

Jenny

14 REPLIES 14
StephenR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Alteryx only has UTC to local datetime conversions built in, but you can use DateTimeAdd() to adjust for the difference in hours between known time zones.  However, in your case Hong Kong is in the same time zone as AWST so this shouldn't be necessary.

Regards,
Stephen Ruhl
Principal Customer Support Engineer

Jennyman130
7 - Meteor

Thanks Sruhl, good to know that there is way to get that work.

Is DateTimeAdd() a function in Formula or it's within Date/Time parse function? Would you mind to show me in work flow on how to use this function for my data format?

Many thanks,

Jenny

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

it's available within the formula tool.

Example attached.

Ben

StephenR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Sure thing @Jennyman130. Please see the attached workflow.

Regards,
Stephen Ruhl
Principal Customer Support Engineer

Jennyman130
7 - Meteor

Thanks so much all, but I got an error message saying the sample is a newer version of Alteryx, so I can't view it. :(

Is it possible to post as a screenshot please?

Many thanks,

Jenny  

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Handy trick.

You can downgrade a workflow by opening it up in a text editor and amending the version (outlined in line 2), to 11.5 for instance.

Ben

Jennyman130
7 - Meteor

Sorry I tried to open it with a notepad, but the second line is like below. Doesn't seem quite like the format you mentioned.

<AlteryxDocument yxmdVer="2018.1">

andreea_aurica14
5 - Atom

Hello,

In formula tool you can use function DateTimeAdd([field],x,"Hours") where x is the time zone difference.

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

right yes, so you can simply overwrite 2018.1 to 11.5 or the correct version number and then save it.

Then you will be able to open the workflow.

ben

Labels