Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Couple questions about Organizing / Exporting Data

ddaile17
6 - Meteoroid

Good morning/afternoon/evening all, 

Just want to thank everyone in here for your excellent explanations. I am learning Alteryx to revamp some reports my department uses at work and have made some good progress on a specific report, but I'm needing a bit of help on how to format a couple things. 

I'm working a vendor report, which has vendor names, product names, identifiers, and some states where the products are sold. Below is a sample table drafted up of what my filtered down data looks like. I was able to concat the states, which is something that we desperately needed. 

Vendor NameVendor IDProduct NameProgram NameProduct IDStates Sold (concatenated)
ABC Corp1234TestProdABC PRODx1234AZ, CA, TN
ABC Corp1234TestProd2BCD PRODy1234AZ
BCD Corp3213ProdTest3DDD PRODz2343NM
BCD Corp3213ProdTest4EFG Prodq1122

TX

So what I'm trying to do next is to Group by Vendor name, and would look something like this

Vendor Name

ABC Corp

Vendor ID

Product NameProgram NameProduct ID

States Sold

TestProdABC PRODx1234

AZ, CA, TN

TestProd2BCD Prody1234

AZ

So basically, I'm just trying to group by Vendor Name, and display a list of products by each vendor in this format (or something similar). Unfortunately, multiple vendors may have the same Vendor ID, so i'm unable to use that as a reliable criteria to filter and sort by. One option I do plan to implement is to give each Vendor a separate internal ID # even if they are linked, as we need this split by each individual Vendor alone. 

Any advice would be appreciated. I'm still pretty new to this so if there's an easier way to get there, I'm all for it!

6 REPLIES 6
DanielG
12 - Quasar

@ddaile17 - how about something like this?  

DanielG
12 - Quasar

I didnt format the state column name for you...  oops, but I think this gets you headed in the right direction.  🙂

And I didnt stack the Vendor name/ID correctly... double oops.

feels like a monday.

DanielG
12 - Quasar

Revised.

Sorry about that.  🙂

ddaile17
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks so much for taking the time to put that together. Really appreciate it! Going to check it out here shortly and I'll let you know how it goes! 

ddaile17
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for the help, this was the jumping off point that I needed to work through to building out the actual report. Much appreciated!

DanielG
12 - Quasar

@ddaile17    No problem.  Glad you got it figured out.  🙂

Labels