Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Counting in a range.

brad_j_crep
8 - Asteroid

I have a workflow set up to count in a range.  It's rough but it does what I need.  I'm trying to set it up as an app.  There are 12 classes or formats and I'd like the user to be able to select one, all or any number inbetween.   For each class chosen the app would output a report showing the numbers.

The end result:

Range         Count

Above150           0
125_150             0
101_125          36
75_100              8
<75                    0

Any ideas on this will be welcome!

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

Brad, I took a quick look at your yxzp and it does not include your input data.

Here are some observation/questions:

1. I don't know what your 12 classes mean.  Are you looking for 12 different sets of ranges?
  2. You defined each range as a DOUBLE, where byte would have sufficed (0,1).
  3. Would each CLASS include 5 ranges?

I might think that you would use a TILE tool and define your cut-offs and then use Numeric updown interface to update the values for the minimum of each range (I'd also use logic to make sure that the values are set appropriately).

Another approach would be to call each range by a generic field (e.g. Range1) and use interface tools to update formulas.  You would construct metadata to join with your results so that Range 1 becomes:  <75 or Above 150.

These are two approaches to solving the problem.  I've got some yardwork calling me.  If you need more help, please let me know.

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
brad_j_crep
8 - Asteroid

HAven't got a chance to look at it yet but hopefully the data will be attached this time.  The classes are Conventional, Discount, Hispanic, and others in that line.

Thanks,

Brad

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

i left your code alone and added some more code to support these features:

1. Create dropdown of all existing classes

2. Allow user to select 1 or many classes for counts

I didn't make this pretty.  I've got landscaping to do now.

Cheers,

Mark

P.S.  if you are using version 10.1, you will need to open this up with notepad and change 10.5 in the header to 10.0.

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
Labels