Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Countif functionality across multiple fields

mschertz
5 - Atom

Hi - I am fairly new to Alteryx so I imaging the problem I am having below is fairly easy to solve, but don't seem to be having any luck with it.

Basically I have 3 risk categories with a "Low", "Medium" or "High" rating on them and want to be able to create summary data based on these risk buckets both by assets and different investor.

I have put a clip of the basic idea of what I am trying to do in excel below. Obviously I will expand this to further summarize by asset #, $'s invested, and a variety of other information, but I need to get over this hump first.

Thanks

mschertz_0-1585504081325.png

3 REPLIES 3
AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@mschertz - attached workflow is an attempt to implement your ask. I chose Summarize tool to count the risk types across a given investor, and used Crosstab tool to make output match your excel screenshot.

A similar approach should be applicable to the other metrics you are looking to compute.

grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @mschertz.

I think I got you!

grossal_0-1585507497568.png

Output:

grossal_1-1585507536979.png

Workflow attached. Let me know if it helps.

Best

Alex

mschertz
5 - Atom

Thank You both,

These both get me where I need to be and point me in the right direction of how to use the different functionality of some of these tools.

Thanks!

Labels