Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Countif formula in Alteryx

lokeshramamurthy
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I am trying to build countif condition on alteryx but unfortunately am unable to find the logic. 
Request anyone to help me build the same on Alteryx.

I am looking to find "The number of Zero counts in 1 year" from an excel raw data sheet. Could anyone advise or build an sample work flow for the same.

I will share the raw data for which i would require The number of Zero counts in 1 year from the raw data which am sharing. 

Note:- I have also done the calculation on excel. Referring the same calculation i am trying replicate the same logic on alteryx. Please help!

11 REPLIES 11
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus
One way to solve this is to use a filter to find the year 1 zero records and then use a count records tool. That value can be added to the original data as a new column through the use of an append tool.

Cheers,

Mark
Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
lokeshramamurthy
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Mark, 

Thanks, It would be great if you could help me with an built module. 

Regards,

Lokesh

ponraj
13 - Pulsar

Formulas there are on your sample data not working.  Can you correct it and then share sample data?

sample data.PNG

lokeshramamurthy
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, 

Apologies. Please find the revised data attached.

Regards,

Lokesh

ponraj
13 - Pulsar

Here is the sample workflow for your case.  As far as I know, there is no direct formula to bring the result you are looking for.  However, result can be achieved using couple of tool in alteryx. Hope this is helpful. 

workflowworkflow

lokeshramamurthy
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

Thanks for your time. The workflow built for my requirement is not getting me the required output. I am looking for an exact output shared on excel and where the zero counts for 1year should arrive in one column.

Regards,

Lokesh 

danrh
13 - Pulsar

Slightly different than @ponraj's solution to fit requirements, but the idea is the same:

image.png

Take a look, see if it works for your case.

lokeshramamurthy
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Both,

Thanks for the solution. The Module shared was very useful and now I would like to build another function called "SMALL". 

I will share the sample data for which I want an built in module solution. 

I am looking for an "Min of selected SKU in last 1 Years" in the sample data which I am sharing now.

danrh
13 - Pulsar

Check out the attached, it should handle both the zero records and the min.

Labels