Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Count record when find similar variables

dchandler
5 - Atom

Hello,

Hope you can help me to find out what tool can I use to add a column where it Counts 1 when find an unique record based on 4 variables and count 2+ when find a duplicate record based on the same 4 variables.

Please see the image below:

Capture.PNG

There are 3 records with the same value at Num_Cheque, di_institucion, di_nombre and Min_Fecha Proceso. I want to add a column that shows a 1 in the row of the record # 11, a 2 to the record #12 and a 3 to the record #13.

Thanks a lot, greetings from Panama.

3 REPLIES 3
JohnJPS
15 - Aurora

Greetings from Wisconsin!

I believe the Multirow Formula tool will work for this. Make sure to sort by the column you're assessing first; then use the Multirow Formula to you create a new variable, say "rank", with default of 1 unless your assessed"m variable is the same as that of thr previous row, in which case you take the previous row's new variable ("rank") + 1.

Hope that helps!

vishwa_0308
11 - Bolide

Hi,

here is the solution :

Make a column say "count"==1 and then in multi-row formula you can compare like :

if [Row-1:ID]==[ID] and [Row-1:NAME]==[NAME] then [Row-1:Count]+1 else [Count] endif

this will count further if same no. of records exists in rows.

dchandler
5 - Atom

Thanks a lot! Both answers helped a lot to understand how to figure it out. The formula of vishwa worked... the only fix to the formula is: if [Row-1:ID]==[ID] and [Row-1:NAME]==[NAME] then [Row-1:Count]+1 else [Row-1:Count] endif 

Labels