Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Count of undergrad students

Akash007
5 - Atom

Hey  everyone since i am new on this community  i just needed a small help from you guys.

I need to produce an output that gives the count of Under Grad students for each grade (e.g. A,B,C) who enrolled in "Introduction to database/Access" course.

I have attached the data sheets below.

Thanks in advance!!

5 REPLIES 5
DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Akash007 

Welcome to the Community! 

The problem looks like an exercise from a course. While I'm sure there are lots of people on this Community who would just give you the answer, you'll probably learn a lot more if you tried solving it yourself.

There are various bits of information in all 3 tabs of the sheet, so you need to link them all together, right? Can you identify a common field in all three tabs?

To solve this problem, I would look at the following tools:

Join

Filter

Summarise

You can find all those tools in the Favorites tool palette. A great tip to learn more about them is to look at the examples available for each tool when you click on them in the tool paltte.

Happy Alteryxing and and let us know if you get stuck.

deviseetharaman
11 - Bolide

Hi @Akash007 

Please try this 

students.png

Akash007
5 - Atom

Hey david  thanks for helping me out ,i will surely try it

Akash007
5 - Atom

How can i create a sample alteryx workflow which takes the attached excel file as an input?

deviseetharaman
11 - Bolide

Here is a simple way to do it

Labels