Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Alteryx is here to help you solve your biggest data challenges. Read about the new Virtual Solution Center here.

Count a set of values in a column

Highlighted
5 - Atom

Hi all, 

Could anyone please tell me how I could find a combination of row values in a column? This is what the source file looks like 

alteryx.PNG

I would like to find how many time a set of account combination occur, regardless of their values. 

Thanks a lot for the help, I hope that makes sense. Happy to clarify any points. 

Highlighted
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide
Hi

You could use a summarise tool to do this: group by the field(s) you want and count any of the fields. That will tide you a list of the combinations and how many times they occur.

Andy
12 - Quasar

Hi @Audreyvu 

I think I understand what you're trying to do here. In excel, what is the grouping field for the Subtotals? (Look under Data->Subtotal->At each change in:) It is not shown in the image you posted.

If you have this grouping field in your input to Alteryx, it would make finding the account combinations much easier.

If you get a chance, please post some anonymized data and clarify what you want the output to look like.

Labels