Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Count Rows of each / specific unionized Table Records

MarvMaster
6 - Meteoroid

Hi all,

I have an unionized Table meaning the records representing each table: 

MarvMaster_0-1579864645615.png  --> MarvMaster_1-1579864687280.png

I want to count the number of rows of each table. The summarize tool gives me only the option to count the number of records but I want to go one step deeper. Is there a possibility to do this? Please see the attached testing workflow.

Thank you
Marvin

6 REPLIES 6
afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @MarvMaster,

could you please explain what you mean with one step deeper?

Regards

MarvMaster
6 - Meteoroid

When I just use the summarize / count tool, I will get "2" since I got for the -Union- tool two tables (each represents a record, as you can see on the first screenshot).

What I want is to count the content of the two tables, thats what you can see on the second screenshot. So a "5" and "6" or 11 combined is the desired outcome. Unfortunately I don't know how to do this.

Thank you for your reply!

Marvin 

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @MarvMaster ,

Something like this you mean?:

Untitled.png

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Regards

MarvMaster
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you for your answer.

Thats the "easy" way to solve it and it works for that small workflow but its not exactly what I want to do.

The purpose of the question is to test if the count of rows at the beginning of the workflow equals the count of rows at the end of the workflow with a bunch of manipulations inbetween.

The output of my more complex workflow I am using at work are several grouped / unionized tables. Thus what I want is to use a count AFTER using -table-. 

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @MarvMaster,

I am not sure if it is possible to do after the table tool.

You could use the test tool to check the data before it goes into the table to match==>         input = all outputs.

Regards

MarvMaster
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you for making that clear.

Since -table- is an reporting tool editing data should be done before.

Labels