Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

CouchDB - Couchbase NoSQL database

Atabarezz
13 - Pulsar

Anyone tried connecting and utilizing a CouchDB NoSQL database?

http://www.couchbase.com/

7 REPLIES 7
KevinP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@Atabarezz CouchDB isn't currently tested or supported by Alteryx. You may be able to connect to it using a standard ODBC driver if one is provided by the DB vendor. However, we can't gaurantee it will connect properly, or function as expected. For a list of currently supported data sources including database platforms and file types please reference our help documents at the following links

Supported Data Platforms

Supported File Formats

NicolasFabre81
8 - Asteroid

And now ?

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Two ways to connect - 1) a generic ODBC driver if provided by CouchDB or a third party vendor (CDATA)  2) download tool via API.

PanPP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@NicolasFabre81 

If you download the ODBC driver, you can use the "Generic ODBC " option in the Input Tool to connect to the database.

You will need to configure a System or User DSN at the ODBC windows level prior to connecting in Alteryx.

You can also configure a DSN-Less connection string which then you won't need to configure a User or System DSN. 

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

@PanPP- The issue here is that CouchDB doesn't really support ODBC out of the box so any ODBC driver will be third party. Let me take a step back  - ODBC was not designed be compatible with NoSQL. NoSQL tends to use some Jsonesque format which is semi-structured or unstructured. ODBC tends to be designed for a structured database. I do not see how an ODBC driver would effectively work with a NoSQL source. These are best done via API - so you can buy a third party tool but it's probably not as useful as building an API and parsing json.

NicolasFabre81
8 - Asteroid

Unfortunately I did not find any free driver ... 

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

I would strongly recommend using the API.

Labels