Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Correct Formulas

Sophie95
8 - Asteroid

I'm struggling a little getting the formulas to work. I attached my workflow and data.

My workflow data consists of  Entity codes, Sales numbers YR1,  Expenses numbers YR1,           Expenses Rate YR1 and Stat Rate for each entity.

For each entity, I want to see results of;

(a) Expenses Rate YR1 > 10%  above Stat Rate

(b) Expenses Rate YR1 < 10% below Stat Rate

(c) Entities with negative Sales YR1

(d) Entities with zero  YR1-Expenses

Thank you in advance

2 REPLIES 2
TonyA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I'm not sure if you want data sets filtered for each of these conditions or if you want additional columns that flag the conditions. The attached workflow creates four data sets, one for each condition (although technically, the "> 10%" data set is actually greater than or equal to. I also added an example of setting a column that flags if Expense Rate YR1 is > 0.1.

By the way, you had rows with junk data in both of the input data sets that are causing divide by 0 errors. I added filters right after the input tools to get rid of those rows.

Sophie95
8 - Asteroid

@TonyA  Thank you very much Tony. It worked!!

Labels