Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Copy specific ranges to existing file

Phalanx1
6 - Meteoroid

Hi all,

I want to copy a specific range from an existing excel file (B5:F5) to another existing file (J5:N5).

How can I go about this?

I appreciate any help!

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @Phalanx1,

the current version (2020.1) let's you select an Input Range and also an Output Range. Make sure to select "Overwrite Sheet or Range" in the Output Panel.

Input:

grossal_2-1588669267231.png

Output:

grossal_0-1588669176884.png

grossal_1-1588669199383.png

Best

Alex

Phalanx1
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Grossal,

this unfortunately does not solve my problem, since I can not attach my data to the desired sheet. The error message says that a sheet has to be existent. I dont understand this because there is "Sheet1" in which I want to copy the source data into.

Phalanx1
6 - Meteoroid

When I select to overwrite, a new sheet gets created which I do not desire to do...

grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Please make sure to Select "Overwrite Sheet or Range" and not "Overwrite File (Remove)".

grossal_0-1588678750613.png

Are you able to share your workflow/sample data?

Phalanx1
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, I deleted all old data and tried all over again and it worked.

Thank you!

bharat_nimmagadda
6 - Meteoroid

I have a similar requirement but my input is dynamic, so how do i select a range using Dynamic Input and pass it to Output

Labels