Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Copy specific cell values from multiple worksheets and paste it in a summary sheet

Mozammel
7 - Meteor

Hello ,

I am trying to copy certain cell values from multiple worksheet in excel and combine them in one worksheet as a summary. I have attached a file to explain it further. Sheet 1 to sheet 10 are where all the values are. I am trying to copy the same cell no values and paste it in the summary tab so that I can compare them at one go. I was trying to do a VB macro however i was having issues with certain parts. I was wondering if Alteryx has a much easier solution.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
RodL
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Not sure how "hard coded" your spreadsheet is, but assuming that the rows you want the data from are always the same, you can use a Select Records tool on each sheet and run it through a batch macro with the list of sheets.

There may be a more elegant way to do this, but maybe this will give you some ideas.

I've attached my example...

Mozammel
7 - Meteor

Thanks. It worked like a charm. Only down side was I have more than 1000 Sheets. But thats ok.

Labels