Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Copy selected data from the sheet to a new excel sheet

ArijitRoy
8 - Asteroid

Hello Friends,

I need your help. I want to copy the first table to a new excel sheet. As per the attached file I want to copy data from the first table but not from the below table. All the table header marked in yellow color. How to design this in Alteryx? Please help. It should be dynamic. First able might have 45 rows but it can be more or less than that.

4 REPLIES 4
Sebastiaandb
12 - Quasar

@ArijitRoy ,

Here you go, this should help you :-).

I made two possible outputs for you .

Basically you give the Excel table in Excel a named range and load the named range into Alteryx. In that way the table can become bigger without you having to worry about not getting all rows. 

Greetings,

Sebastiaandb

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @ArijitRoy,

Here is one approch:

IraWatt_0-1662555261515.png

you can use a multi row formula tool to identify each table then filter off each one you want.

If you want to learn more about the Multi-Row-Formula Tool the community has some quick and easy videos on the topic here: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Interactive-Lessons/Multi-Row-Formula/ta-p/82872

Any questions or issues please ask :)
HTH!
Ira

ArijitRoy
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @IraWatt It worked.

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

No worries @ArijitRoy 😄 have a good week!

Labels