Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Copy Files Workflow

KagenB
6 - Meteoroid

Hello!

I am attempting to build a workflow that will copy files from one location to another on a daily basis. I have built the below simple workflow and it seems to work fine in copying file names but not the actual file themselves. When I open the output file the only contents are the file name itself. Any thoughts on refining this workflow would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

KagenB_0-1616003084245.png

14 REPLIES 14
bobpeers
9 - Comet

You're welcome, glad you worked it out 😎

jennydavis
6 - Meteoroid

Hi all- have any of yall gotten the file-copy-move to work from a gallery and moving from a network drive to SharePoint? I put in an email at the end of my workflow to let me know if it was successful. When I run it from my desktop it works perfectly, but I had the tool installed on the Gallery, but when I run the workflow from the gallery it cannot find the path specified...  Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Jenny

BuckeyeJane2
5 - Atom

Any chance this tool has been upgraded to be used on the Server?

And/or is there another way to copy files using Alteryx UNC files?

amirsemsar
8 - Asteroid

Alternatively this is another great use case for python: 

from ayx import Alteryx
import shutil
import os
import pandas as pd

def archiving(a):
    source=a['filepath'].tolist()
    destination=a['destination'].iloc[0]
    destination=destination.replace('\\','/')
    source=[shutil.copy(each,destination) for each in source]
    dicty={"newfiles":[destination+os.path.basename(each) for each in source]}
    output=pd.DataFrame.from_dict(dicty)
    Alteryx.write(output,1)

df=Alteryx.read("#1")
archiving(df)
adoen17
9 - Comet

Hi, I dont know if anyone is here, but I have a question, I want to use the new file copy in the new path, I already think in use dynamic input but I have a mistake in configuration, I dont know if someone in any other moments already try it

adoen17_0-1681484622436.png

Labels