Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Converting to Proper Date Format

jason_clough14
7 - Meteor

I have a file feeding a date as "2019.07.01" and I've been trying to convert this to a proper date format for alteryx, 07/01/2019 so that I can have a formula check if the dates match.

Any thoughts? I've been working with a date time tool but it is not giving me the desired output.

ABLE R7 Monthly.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @jason_clough14 

The Alteryx date format is actually YYYY-MM-DD, 2019-12-31

Dan

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @jason_clough14 if you use the syntax %Y.%m.%d it should work. Alteryx recognizes dates as YYYY-MM-DD so you need to transform you dates into this format to use any of the date functions within Alteryx.  You can use the dateformat function to transform your date back or into a format you required, using this syntax DateTimeFormat([DateTime_Out],"%d/%m/%Y") will create a string field of the date in the format you specified in your question.

Datetime180919.PNG

jason_clough14
7 - Meteor

Thank you that did work! @JosephSerpis Can I ask what the % symbol represents here? I'm a bit new to Alteryx

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @jason_clough14 you might find this link helpful explains datetime functions in Alteryx the % just means I don't have to repeat the sign e.g. %d is equivalent to dd. 

https://help.alteryx.com/10.1/Reference/DateTimeFunctions.htm

Labels