Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Converting sales quantities for consisten reporting values

KFarmer
6 - Meteoroid

Hello -

New to the Alteryx community and looking for some guidance on how to convert my UOM for "CA"/ "CS" to Kit quantites so that i'm reporting consistent units. 

Essentially, BX, PK, KT are all the same measure while "CA" and "CS" typically have 6 to 12 kits per case. If possible, I'd like to create a new field so that I'm not overriding the original data (should we need it for any reason).

Example: 13 CA of 00178 should convert to 130 Kits. I've attached some example data below. Any help is much appreciated!

Various distributors report their sales in different UOM. "CA" and "CS" typically have 6 to 12 Kits inside a case. Looking to convert all "CA" and "CS" UOM to Kit quantitiesVarious distributors report their sales in different UOM. "CA" and "CS" typically have 6 to 12 Kits inside a case. Looking to convert all "CA" and "CS" UOM to Kit quantities

3 REPLIES 3
Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @KFarmer ,

Here is a workflow doing what you need. It filters CA and CS to join them with the conversion and then union with all remaining codes (BK, etc.) to create the new quantity column. Values are the same for non-CA/CS values and for CA/CS it's the multiplication of quantity and conversion.

KFarmer
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks so much Jean! I was on the right track but couldn't get there. So much to learn! 🙂

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

My pleasure ! Keep learning and you'll be amazed by what you can do ! 🙂

Labels