Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Converting row to column

Tid14
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

In my workflow I want to convert the below highlited Account number field into a column aligned with Rule name, Rule description column.

IMG_20211013_181231__01.jpg

 so that my output should look like

IMG_20211013_181808__01.jpg

 Any help on this?

6 REPLIES 6
dougperez
12 - Quasar

Can you provide a dataset? 

I think you will have to isolate these two and then append then, but with a dataset I can do it for you!

Tid14
8 - Asteroid

can you help me with an example through text input  or an example dataset? 

because i wont be able to download the dataset

Christina_H
14 - Magnetar

Here's a simple version with some made up data.

Christina_Hurrell_0-1634129920169.png

Tid14
8 - Asteroid

Hi, Thanks 

but what if this process is repeating mulitple times in the same excel.

I mean I have taken a wild card input for 20 csv files in single excel and evry file contains different account number 

so i want these account numbers to be aligned for all 20 files.

DawnDuong
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

hi @Tid14 

Can you clarify "a wild card input for 20 csv files in single excel"? 

Do you mean that

a) you have 20 different files that have the same format and you want to process them the same way?

Or b) you mean something else?

If your use case is (a) then you can get it done via a batch macro to process all files that exist in a specified folder. Check out this very useful thread on how to read multiple files: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Engine-Works/The-Ultimate-Alteryx-Holiday-gift-of-2015-Read-ALL-Exc...

Dawn.

Christina_H
14 - Magnetar

@Tid14 Here's an updated version that will work for multiple files.  I've created both file IDs and row IDs, you might already have a different way to identify the files.

Labels