Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Convert multiple records (rows) into one row by adding columns

macquil
6 - Meteoroid

Dear all,

I am new to Alteryx, and I'm trying to figure out if what I need is possible. I have a massive dataset with the below format:

DataSet.PNG

I need to read each row and convert Price Rate, From, and To of the same ID into one row. For example, the one highlighted in yellow, I wanted it took like the below:

ResultData.PNG

If there are more rows, the From <n>, To <n> and Price Rate <n> keeps on increasing.

I really appreciate the help.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @macquil 

See WF attached.

You might need to change the order of the columns, since the Cross-Tab tool order them alphabetically.

Cheers,

TonyA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @macquil ,

In the attached, I set the column order as you specified. I included two workflows with different options for sorting the rows and whether or not to include duplicates. Because the crosstab tool sorts columns and changes non-alphanumeric characters, I had to add prefixes to force the order and then clean up the column labels afterwards.

Labels