Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Convert excel formula to Alteryx formula

caiovidal22
5 - Atom

Hi there,

Im trying to use the formula I used on excel, on a alteryx workflow, but the language is somewhat different.

how can I translate this formula, to alteryx language? 

=IF(LEN(TEXT(NUMBERVALUE(MID(Q2,SEARCH("4",Q2),7),"."),"0"))=7,NUMBERVALUE(MID(Q2,SEARCH("4",Q2),7)),"")

thankyou all!

4 REPLIES 4
JulioMO
9 - Comet

Hi @caiovidal22 

Could you please put an example of what you want to achieve, with the input data you have and which output you want. I think it would be easier to help you that way.

Regards

PeterA1
Alteryx
Alteryx

Do you have a sample attachment of the original data and what you are trying to achieve? That might help. It is a bit difficult to interpret an excel formula without seeing the reference cells. If so, I can take a look

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @caiovidal22 ,

I think, it should be:

IIF(Length(ToString(ToNumber(Substring([Field1], FindString([Field1], '4'), 7), 0, 1, '.'))) = 7, ToNumber(Substring([Field1], FindString([Field1], '4'), 7), 0, 1, '.'),'')

I've attached a workflow, so you can better identify the "translation".

Best

Roland

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Here's a list of corresponding functions:

Excel -> Alteryx

LEN( -> Length(

TEXT( -> ToString(

NUMBERVALUE( -> ToNumber(

MID( -> SubString(

SEARCH( -> FindString(