Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Convert date to just number of the month

ChristophVW
5 - Atom

Hi all, 

I have column with "date" date type field and the values there are for instance "DEC-20", "NOV-20". 

I would like to change this column to the number of the month, e.g. "12", "11", ... . 

Anyone has a simple solution to do so? 

Alternatively, it it's easier to convert to the month number from the string, please say so. In my workflow I currently converted the string already to a date field. So both options are fine for me.

Really appreciate your help and many thanks in advance. 

Have a nice day,

Christoph

6 REPLIES 6
AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @ChristophVW ,

You can try using the DatetimeMonth() function which will return you the numeric value for a month in a date field.

So if your date field is called [Order Date] then the formula you should use is:

Tostring(Datetimemonth([Order Date]))

Hope that helps,

Angelos 

ImadZidan
12 - Quasar

Hello @ChristophVW ,

Have a look at the attached. Hopefully it will give you an idea.

ChristophVW
5 - Atom

Thank you very much @AngelosPachis ! Works like a charm.

Only did a very minor tweak from 'Tostring' to 'Tonumber' in my case, but visually the same.

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Thanks @ChristophVW ,

Try removing the 'Tonumber' part of the expression and see if it works without it. What the DateTimeMonth function returns to you is already a numeric value, so probably you can remove that part of the expression to make it less complicated.

Cheers,

Angelos

ZarinShaikh
5 - Atom

How do I convert "16-JUN-01' to date format

caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Using a DateTime Tool:

caltang_0-1683299325542.png

The %b symbolizes the 3 letter word for Month, whereas %B is for the full name of the month.

Hope this helps.

Calvin Tang
Alteryx ACE
https://www.linkedin.com/in/calvintangkw/
Labels