Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Convert date time format to date

troy_mech
8 - Asteroid

I have column with data type date format 2020-01-30 15:02:45, i need to convert this into 30/01/2020. 

9 REPLIES 9
grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @troy_mech , try this.

Formula- DateTimeFormat([Field1],"%d/%m/%Y")

grazitti_sapna_0-1598423437864.png

Thanks.

Sapna Gupta
troy_mech
8 - Asteroid

Thank you for your response. This is not working since my data type is DateTime but the screenshot you shared has the data type V_Wstring. Is there any other way to convert this format, please assist.

Venkatesh_Sampath_0-1598429064337.png

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

@troy_mech , that will not be possible as the default date/time format in alteryx is yyyy-mm-dd and we are converting it to a custom format dd/mm/yyyy so that has to be in string format in order to reflect the result.

Thanks.

Sapna Gupta
paulfound
11 - Bolide

Hi @troy_mech 

I would use a Multi-Field tool,

PaulFound_1-1598444334784.png

This will allow you to change the type.

PaulFound_0-1598444315657.png

PaulFound_2-1598444383474.png

Likness
6 - Meteoroid

The Muti-Field Formula works well. The only difference from the visual above is Changing the Output Type to Date to solve original question.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Likness ,

%d/%m/%Y is not a alteryx accepted date fromat.

DataMeister
7 - Meteor

Paul: This is like a formula posted by Joe Mako elsewhere, which takes the DateTime and just converts it into a String that doesn't show the time--that's not a change in datatype from DateTime to Date. The problem is that Alteryx developers are not listening to users; we need one tool where we can specify basic date handling functions--it's not rocket science, just lack of focus.

Another pet peeve is that folks are saying "format" when they mean "datatype" and vice versa.

Sereshan
5 - Atom

You can use a select tool to remove the time, by just changing the data type from DateTime to Date only

KenAtHubbell
6 - Meteoroid

You can manage the data type conversion in a formula by creating a new field that is a date and setting it equal to the field having the datetime value.  Same as using a SELECT tool but cleaner; especially since you can stack the formulas into the same tool.

Labels