Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Convert a Standard Macro back to a Standard Workflow

NeilFisk
9 - Comet

I would like to convert a Standard Macro back to a Standard Workflow.  I have removed all the interface items from the macro and changed them to inputs and/or outputs.  I have opened the Workflow Configuration and selected Workflow.  Where there is an option for Type, I have tried to select Standard Workflow, but I am unable to make the change as it is an inactive radio button.  I have saved the file as a YXMD and reopened it, but it is still a Standard Macro.  I have even tried to copy the tools in the workflow and paste them to a new canvas, but it does the same thing.  Any suggestions?

16 REPLIES 16
NeilFisk
9 - Comet

It's not a complicated workflow.

NeilTsunami_0-1627401307402.png

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @NeilFisk ,

Would you be able to share your workflow here? The datasets is not needed. Maybe it is an error related to a xml thing  that remained after you delete the interface tools. It doesn't happen very often, but when it does, it is a mistery to solve 😁

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

NeilFisk
9 - Comet

Attached is the workflow.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @NeilFisk 

There were interface designer settings maybe that's causing the issue. Once I copied the workflow and pasted it in a new canvas it seem to turn normal.

Workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1627406996768.png

Hope this helps : )

NeilFisk
9 - Comet

That's interesting since I did a copy and paste to a new workflow as well and it didn't clear.  Maybe something on my machine?

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Out of curiosity, this is what is really going on with your workflow. I'm gonna leave this for the posterities.

I've found 2 errors there and I was able to reproduce the first one.

1. You deleted everything related to the analytical app, but you kept one label in your app form. Alteryx considers that an interface tool as well (but it shouldn't)

2. There is also an error related to your input tool. In the XML, it is saying that this is a macro input and you can see in the interface designer shared below that it is showing the existence of it. 

fmvizcaino_4-1627411557603.png

To correct it, there are 2 things to be done here.

1. Open your workflow in notepad++ and delete this specific part of it. 

fmvizcaino_1-1627411197309.png

2. Go to the interface designer tab and delete the label;

fmvizcaino_2-1627411443664.png

Since your were copying and pasting your input tool as well and the problem was in that tool, that is why the problem remained. But you can go ahead and try to copy and paste everything but the input tool and it will work as expected.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

NeilFisk
9 - Comet

Fernando,

Amazing troubleshooting and thorough response.  I would have never found either of the items you noted.  I eventually got it to clear. 

Thanks,
Neil 

Labels