Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Convert a Standard Macro back to a Standard Workflow

NeilFisk
9 - Comet

I would like to convert a Standard Macro back to a Standard Workflow.  I have removed all the interface items from the macro and changed them to inputs and/or outputs.  I have opened the Workflow Configuration and selected Workflow.  Where there is an option for Type, I have tried to select Standard Workflow, but I am unable to make the change as it is an inactive radio button.  I have saved the file as a YXMD and reopened it, but it is still a Standard Macro.  I have even tried to copy the tools in the workflow and paste them to a new canvas, but it does the same thing.  Any suggestions?

16 REPLIES 16
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @NeilFisk ,

This happens because you have a interface tool somewhere in your workflow. Alteryx automatically identify these tools and transform the workflow to its expected format.

Same happens if you drag a control parameter tool, it will automatically changes its format to batch macro and you won't be able to turn it back to standard.

I suggest you deleting that tool.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @NeilFisk 

Is it possible to share sample workflow with issue.

MichaelSu
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @NeilFisk ,

Once you remove all of the interface tools from the workflow, you should be able to convert your workflow back to a Standard workflow. I just tested on my end and was able to switch it back. 

Just to be safe, you can remove all of the interface tools from the workflow and then copy / paste that workflow to a new canvas and that should definitely do the trick. Please let us know if that works.

Thanks,

Mike

JagdeeshN
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hi @NeilFisk ,

This has happened with me before. 

Like @MichaelSu  mentioned one of the quicker ways to do this is to delete all interface elements, and copy past the rest into a new workflow.

Best,

Jagdeesh

NeilFisk
9 - Comet

There are no interface tools on the canvas, and as I noted in my original message, I had even tried copy and paste into a new canvas and that did not work.

NeilFisk
9 - Comet

I can't share the workflow.  The original macro had a control parameter, action, and macro output.  I had changed the control parameter back to an input and removed the macro output.  There are no interface tools on the canvas.

NeilFisk
9 - Comet

There are no interface tools on the canvas.

NeilFisk
9 - Comet

As mentioned in the original post and the subsequent comments, I have already done what you suggested and thus the reason for the original post.  I've done this before and unfortunately, it's not working this time around.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @NeilFisk 

can provide a snapshot of your workflow.

Labels