Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Convert XML content to PDF

ssripat3
8 - Asteroid

Hello Alteryx community,

I have a question regarding the possibility of converting the XML code to a PDF file. For example, assume we have the XML from this link.

I would like to take the XML in its Raw format and possibly use Render to create a .pdf file with the same content without any changes. 

Is this something that is possible with Alteryx?

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @ssripat3 

Use an Input tool to read the xml as a .csv file with \0(no delimiter) as a delimiter.  Pass this to a Table tool and then a Render tool formatted to output a pdf file.  

Dan

ssripat3
8 - Asteroid

Hello danilang,

Thank you for the quick reply. I tried the way you recommended and it did not work exactly as intended. The end output was out of order and did not replicate the exact format the XML was in.

Thank you for the help.

I am sharing the PDF file that was generated so you have an idea and also the workflow so you have an idea of the settings I used.

ssripat3
8 - Asteroid

Hello Dan, instead of using the Table tool. I chose to use "Report Text" which kind of worked better for me. 

I was able to generate the PDF and the format also stayed intact.

ssripat3_0-1651859226578.png

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

@ssripat3 

Use \0 as opposed to \n as the delimiter in the input tool(sorry about the original error).  Uncheck Field 1 in the Group By section of the table tool.  

There's also an issue with the table tool removing leading spaces, use a formula tool and replace all spaces with non-breaking spaces ASCII(160)

Output looks like this now

danilang_1-1651859538010.png

Dan

ssripat3
8 - Asteroid

Thank you for the updated solution and the workflow @danilang . It works perfectly.

Labels