Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Convert UDT to CEST with DST

RonGatmaitan
8 - Asteroid

Hi all,

Has anyone implemented this already. UDT to CEST is basically plus 2 hours but, considering DST, sometimes it's 3 hours. 

As far as I know, DST is effective every last Sunday of March to last Sunday of October.

I'm looking for the simplest way to implement this.

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Do you have some sample data? I'd imagine it would be some form of an if statement to check the DateTimeToday() against the range of daylight savings times and then uses a DateTimeAdd() formula to update the time accordingly.

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

@Luke_C - I had vague memories of seeing this but had to look back to the DateTime page:

DateTimeToLocal

DateTimeToLocal(dt): Converts a UTC date-time to the local system time zone.

Parameters

dt: Date-time data expressed as a selected column or a specified date-time value between quotes.

Examples

DateTimeToLocal('2014-08-01 20:01:25') returns the local system time zone (Mountain Time) as 2014-08-01 14:01:25.

DateTimeToUTC

DateTimeToUTC(dt): Converts a date-time (in local system time zone) to UTC.

Parameters

dt: Date-time data expressed as a selected column or a specified date-time value between quotes.

Example

DateTimeToUTC(DateTimeNow()) returns the Coordinated Universal Time at workflow runtime: 2014-08-01 20:01:25 (where local Mountain time was 2014-08-01 14:01:25).

Luke_C
17 - Castor

@apathetichell good call! 

RonGatmaitan
8 - Asteroid

Hi, @apathetichell. How is Alteryx supposed to know where "local" is? Not sure that local = CEST.

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

DateTimeFormat(datetimenow(),"%Z")

Alteryx takes your system time. you can reconfigure your system to CEST if its not CEST and then run your workflow.

Labels