Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Convert Table data to 1 decimal place

danjohnsonM
8 - Asteroid

Hi

I am looking to have my table set out to be 1 decimal place if below 10, could someone please show me how to create a formula for the below data set without changing to string as the data i have in my actual data is about 5/6

Thanks Dan

7 REPLIES 7
MichalM
Alteryx
Alteryx

@danjohnsonM 

You can set the number of decimal places per column in the configuration of the table tool.

dec-places.png

In order to introduce conditional formatting (use 1 decimal place only for values less than 10), you will need to create a column rulle

column-dec-rule.png

danjohnsonM
8 - Asteroid

Hi

As the week number will be changing every week i cant set a specific rule for a specific column, would a row rule work?

MichalM
Alteryx
Alteryx

@danjohnsonM 

With a row rule you'll also need to specify the individual columns. Instead, you will need to create a dynamic column rule using the Dynamic or Unknown Fields option. 

[_CurrentFieldName_] != "Type" OR ToNumber([_CurrentField_]) < 10 

dynamic-column-rule.png

danjohnsonM
8 - Asteroid

I dont seem to get the option for decimals for my rows?

danjohnsonM_0-1578409276992.png

MichalM
Alteryx
Alteryx

It's the column rule rather than row rule.

danjohnsonM
8 - Asteroid

As the week numbers are changing week on week i wouldn't be able to use this as i would have to go in manual and update rather than running on a weekly basis?

Any Ideas?

MichalM
Alteryx
Alteryx

@danjohnsonM 

You actually would as the Dynamic or Unknown fields option will apply the rule to any new column in your data set. Try renaming one of the columns and re-run the workflow - you'll be able to see for yourself. 

Labels