Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Convert Several Alteryx Workflows to XML

Inactive User
Not applicable

Hi guys,

Is there any chance to convert several .yxmd to XML?

Best Regards

5 REPLIES 5
jrgo
14 - Magnetar

Hi @Inactive User,

Attached is a workflow that would do this.

image.png

Searching for the yxmd file from the "Open File" dialog box does require you to change the "File of type" to "All Files" (not "All Data Files"). When you select, a "Resolve file Type" window will pop up. configure it as shown above.

Back in the input tool, you'll update the path by adding a wildcard so that it'll read in multiple files within the specified directory that end with '.yxmd'. if you only want to do one file, then skip this. Note that when you change the file path, you'll probably get asked to resolved the file type again... do it the same way.

1. Reading as CSV allows gives you additional options to tell Alteryx how to read the file in
  2. This option will create a new field with the name of the file. This will be used to create the new file path that'll end with .xml instead of .yxmd
  3. This is the specifier for no delimiter, which was added by selecting "None" from the resolve window
  4. Your data doesnt have headers so be sure this is unchecked, which should have also been done automatically if you unchecked "First row contains field names" from the resolve window
  5. Default is 254, which will not be long enough in some cases. You don't need to use the size i specified, but make sure that you dont get any truncation conversion error messages

The formula tool in there is what you'll use to create the new file path. unless you have a user profile on your machine names "jgo", be sure to change that to an existing directory on your machine.

Hope this helps!

Best,

Jimmy

Inactive User
Not applicable

Thanks Jimmy , that solved my problem.

Have a great day!

peterchrsti
5 - Atom

Thanks for sharing.

Is there a way to accomplish the same by pulling yxzp file?

Hi Jimmy,

How can I get connections information in the XML. I am not getting that in the XML.

jrgo
14 - Magnetar

Hi @vaibhav25khandelwal 

If using the DCM or Server (Gallery) Data Connections, the connection string info won't be stored in the XML. That information is supplied to the workflow at runtime based off the connection ID, which is stored in the XML.

Labels