Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Convert Number (Double) to Time Format

Patricia2
7 - Meteor

Hi all,

I have a column that contains whole numbers where there should be time. The number I have is the amunt of hours. For example I have 91.97 where it should be 91:59:00, 90.14 where it should be 90:08:00. I tried the time formatting tools and they didn't work. Do you know how I can do that change?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @Patricia2,

We could use a Formula to do the trick, but your precision isn't good enough.

.96 * 60 = 58.2 (Goal: 59)

.14 * 60 = 8.4   (Goal 😎

We could round, but no matter if we always round up or down, we won't get both to work. How should we handle it?

Best

Alex

Patricia2
7 - Meteor

Well the actual number contains more decimals than the example I gave. The number actually is

and I want it to be 

91:58:42

When I apply those operators it multiplies also the number of decimals so I can't get a number with just hours, minutes (2 digits) and seconds (2 digits). is there a tool to remove the remaining decimals?

thanks

grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

I read your last part a bit to late and already got a way without rounding or using Fixed Decimal.

grossal_1-1588275780434.png

Let me note this: The datatype "time" won't work because the data type is only made for day "times" (up to 24h - or at least that's what I am aware off).

Workflow attached. Let me know what you think.

Best

Alex

Labels