Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Convert .NUMBERS files to another extension

Corent
5 - Atom

Hi There,

I need to input numerous  . Numbers files (varying between 20 to 40 files) into Alteryx. The .numbers extensions are not the same (see below snapshot) and therefore the *.csv does not work.

Without using a converter online, would you have any tips on how to convert them or how to load them into Alteryx at once? 

Corent_0-1597461744930.png

Cheers,

C.

5 REPLIES 5
vamit
5 - Atom

I have created multiple files, & used a single input tool which loads all the files with data.

Attached are results for your reference.

Corent
5 - Atom

Thanks Vamit. 

The issues I face are that Alteryx does not recognize the format of those files and the files extensions are never the same as they are varying numbers.

If all files had the same extension I could convert them all.However it is not the case plus there are so many of them, it would be time consuming to convert each of them individually.This is why the *type file Input does not work in this case.

Cheers,

C.

BrianR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Corent, there's a similar post on Community that is close to what you are looking for - 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Renaming-files-at-system-level/td-p/37...

With the example workflow and information shared by @DavidP, I modified it a bit to mock up an example that I was able to use to rename the files, adding a .csv extension to them. With them renamed, you can then read them all in with Designer.

A few notes - one, I made the assumption that although these files were named with extensions consisting of numbers, that they were in fact, csv files. Secondly, I made the assumption that it is actually ok to rename the files. I know you said you didn't want to use an external program, but hopefully it's ok within the scope of the Alteryx Run command?

In any case, take a look at this modified version of David's workflow (thanks @DavidP !)

Brian

Corent
5 - Atom

Hi @BrianR,

Thanks heaps for your help and for modifying the workflow to my needs. 

Super efficient, it is working properly, saving me heaps of time!

Thanks again. Take care,

Corent'

BrianR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Excellent @Corent  - glad to hear it!

Labels