Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Convert MSSQL Money Field to Int in Alterys

Petersenk
7 - Meteor

The field I am getting from the Data Warehouse is ‘FactPerformance.NetMTDMonthlyADBAmt’ and is a data type ‘Money’ in MSSQL. Alteryx reads it as ‘V_String’ so I convert it to an Int64 after I stream the data out to the select statement in the first stream.  I then summarize and sort the data and the output is spot on.  This process takes almost 30 seconds and it works.

I want to speed up the process and do the work in-DB.  I read the data in the second string and convert ‘NetMTDMonthlyADBAmt’ to an INT. I received the error when I tried to summarize the field and browse. The second stream takes a couple seconds.

How do I get around this error and speed up my workflow using IN-DB tools?

<see the attachment for screen shots>

1 REPLY 1
bsharbo
11 - Bolide

Hey the error you are getting is a database error noting you that your resulting output (the sum of your columns) is too big for the type INT.

The int type has a limit and i believe the limit is 4 bytes, or 2,147,483,647...

instead of converting it to int convert it to BIGINT.  This should fix your error and your workflow should work :-)

Try this first and let me know if speed is still a problem (it honestly shouldn't be)

Labels