Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Convert MSSQL Money Field to Int in Alterys

Petersenk
7 - Meteor

The field I am getting from the Data Warehouse is ‘FactPerformance.NetMTDMonthlyADBAmt’ and is a data type ‘Money’ in MSSQL. Alteryx reads it as ‘V_String’ so I convert it to an Int64 after I stream the data out to the select statement in the first stream.  I then summarize and sort the data and the output is spot on.  This process takes almost 30 seconds and it works.

I want to speed up the process and do the work in-DB.  I read the data in the second string and convert ‘NetMTDMonthlyADBAmt’ to an INT. I received the error when I tried to summarize the field and browse. The second stream takes a couple seconds.

How do I get around this error and speed up my workflow using IN-DB tools?

<see the attachment for screen shots>

1 REPLY 1
bsharbo
11 - Bolide

Hey the error you are getting is a database error noting you that your resulting output (the sum of your columns) is too big for the type INT.

The int type has a limit and i believe the limit is 4 bytes, or 2,147,483,647...

instead of converting it to int convert it to BIGINT.  This should fix your error and your workflow should work :-)

Try this first and let me know if speed is still a problem (it honestly shouldn't be)

Labels