Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Convert Excel Output to ZIP, Change docProps, Convert Back to Excel

hellyars
13 - Pulsar

I have a running issue with the fact that Alteryx places Alteryx in the Company name under an Excel workbook's properties.   Presently, I have to remind myself to manually change after the initial Output to Excel.  Once changed, it should remain unchanged so long as the Alteryx Output tool is set to  Overwrite Sheet/Range.

Using this post as inspiration Community Post, is there a way to build a workflow/macro that runs after your Output that converts the Excel file to a .zip and then modifies app.xml and core.xml files found under the docProps folder, and then renames/converts the file back to .xlsx?  (BTW, Alteryx must already be doing this as it inserts Alteryx in to the company field when creating an Excel output.)

???

3 REPLIES 3
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @hellyars,

Not quite inline with that post but you could use the python tool to zip files like this (just need to change where the file is and where you want to zip it):

IraWatt_1-1651083481527.png

I've attached an example workflow.

All the best,

Ira

hellyars
13 - Pulsar

@IraWatt   The primary issue I want to tackle is changing the default company entered into Excel properties from Alteryx to my own value.

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I believe the company name is set in the app.xml not core which is a bit awkward, the only library I have found that can change that programmatically is here: DocumentSummaryInformation (EasyXLS API Documentation)

Labels