Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Convert Date that starts with Century into a Date or Date Time Format

alyssa_sedai
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I have a series of date that follow this format - 1200727 (century = 1, year = 20, month = 07, date = 27) so this means it is actually 07/27/20 (July 27, 2020).  I tried playing around with the Date Time Configuration tool and couldn't get it to work.

I even tried to parse out the data so that I have 200727 and then use the date type convert tool - Custom format yyMMdd to try and get it to output but instead of doing that it gives me 2007-27-01.  

Any ideas? I attached an example to better showcase what I mean.  I need to convert it to a date so I can put it into a Data Visualization tool.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
bpatel
Alteryx
Alteryx

hi @alyssa_sedai ,

you can use the formula tool to parse out the different components, concatenate and then use the datetime tool. 

bpatel_0-1608825278030.png

hope this helps!

Hi @alyssa_sedai 

This is because of how Alteryx deal with 2 bytes year with no separators. Hope this clarifies it. Cheers!

christine_assaad_0-1608826081015.png

alyssa_sedai
8 - Asteroid

Thank you @bpatel!That works.

Labels