Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Convert Date/Time Field Format to a Sequence ID

RifferX
8 - Asteroid

For pHI purposes, need to convert a Procdate column into a large number based SequenceID. 

Date/time format: 2014-04-06 02:02:28.000

Desired Output: 12,439,369 (something similar -- basically to trim the date/time down to a day with each day having its own SequenceID)

In excel, I used different formula combos in separate steps. I am not sure what approach to take with Alteryx and was looking for some ideas. There are going to be a few million rows by calendarweek so in essence each time I run this process there will only be 7 new SequenceIDs since I am creating a new, aggregated table on a weekly basis.

4 REPLIES 4
KaneG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

You can just take the number of days from an arbitrary point...

DateTimediff(Left([Date],10),'2000-01-01','days')

Kane

MSalvage
11 - Bolide

@RifferX,

Not totally sure if this gets at exactly what you want, but it might help you down the right path(attached).

Best,

MSalvage

EDIT: The actual math in my sample workflow will not necessarily be a unique ID, but might help you use your formulas.

Ex: (2014yr)*365 + (01m)*30 + (31d) = 735171

and (2014yr)*365 + (02m)*30 + (01d) = 735171

RifferX
8 - Asteroid

Thank you sir. (KaneG) Had to jump on at home to try it out and it took a couple hours to run. Works well although I may have to change the default date and add some extra steps to provide more security. Appreciate your time and seems like a great solution. 

Thumbs up.jpg

RifferX
8 - Asteroid

MSalvage, this is a viable solution and provides a different angle of attack than KaneG's. Some extra steps but nothing that would be a deterrent. Definitely appreciate your time and effort in helping me out and this will also provide a nice little workflow reference. Have a great Thanksgiving!

ThumbsUp.jpg

Labels