Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Convert Canadian Postal Code Ranges to Individual Values

merickson
6 - Meteoroid

I am working with a freight carrier who can only provide the Canadian postal codes where a surcharges is applicable in ranges. I need to break them out into individual codes to compare them to another carrier.  The Canadian postal code is a six-character string that forms part of a postal address in Canada. The postal codes are alphanumeric. They are in the format A1A1A1, where A is a letter and 1 is a digit. Any help on this would be appreciated. 

13 REPLIES 13
merickson
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks. This is exactly what I need. The work flow is laid out very well and is easy to understand. I should be able to apply solution to other carriers and international postal codes. 

merickson
6 - Meteoroid

This was helpfull, but was not 100% successfull. The solution will not capture all of the postal codes in the range using a 4 character match code. The forth character is also a variable. In the range E6B1A0-E6B2Z9 there is a E6B1 and E6B2. 

Thanks, 

Philip
12 - Quasar

Were these past two in response to my solution, or to Jacob's? Just wanting to know if you need more help.

merickson
6 - Meteoroid

@philip

Your solution was sucessfull. Thanks for your help.  

Labels