Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Convert Canadian Postal Code Ranges to Individual Values

merickson
6 - Meteoroid

I am working with a freight carrier who can only provide the Canadian postal codes where a surcharges is applicable in ranges. I need to break them out into individual codes to compare them to another carrier.  The Canadian postal code is a six-character string that forms part of a postal address in Canada. The postal codes are alphanumeric. They are in the format A1A1A1, where A is a letter and 1 is a digit. Any help on this would be appreciated. 

13 REPLIES 13
merickson
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks. This is exactly what I need. The work flow is laid out very well and is easy to understand. I should be able to apply solution to other carriers and international postal codes. 

merickson
6 - Meteoroid

This was helpfull, but was not 100% successfull. The solution will not capture all of the postal codes in the range using a 4 character match code. The forth character is also a variable. In the range E6B1A0-E6B2Z9 there is a E6B1 and E6B2. 

Thanks, 

Philip
12 - Quasar

Were these past two in response to my solution, or to Jacob's? Just wanting to know if you need more help.

merickson
6 - Meteoroid

@philip

Your solution was sucessfull. Thanks for your help.  

Labels