Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Convert Canadian Postal Code Ranges to Individual Values

merickson
6 - Meteoroid

I am working with a freight carrier who can only provide the Canadian postal codes where a surcharges is applicable in ranges. I need to break them out into individual codes to compare them to another carrier.  The Canadian postal code is a six-character string that forms part of a postal address in Canada. The postal codes are alphanumeric. They are in the format A1A1A1, where A is a letter and 1 is a digit. Any help on this would be appreciated. 

13 REPLIES 13
Philip
12 - Quasar

I'm not sure I understand. Could you take the first two rows and create the output you would like?

JordanB
Alteryx
Alteryx

@merickson

I have attached workflow which uses regex to split the alphanumeric parts. Similar to @Philip not quite sure what the outcome you want is but this should give you a a start. 

Best,

Jordan Barker

Solutions Consultant 

merickson
6 - Meteoroid

I have attached a complete list of Canadian postal codes. The overall objective is to identify which codes fall into the range on each record. I have highlighted the postal codes that would fall into the first range (record#1).  E6A1A0-E6A1Z9. Thanks for your help. 

Philip
12 - Quasar

I have a solution, but can't seem to post the Alteryx Zipped solution (getting "The contents of the attachment doesn't match its file type.") I'll try sending by PM.

JordanB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @merickson

Heres my workflow suggestion. I just took a unique code from each (first four alphanumeric values) to join back up and get your ranges next to the zipcode values. 

Best,

Jordan Barker

Solutions Consultant 

JordanB
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Philip unfortunately you cannot post yxzp files to the community. 

Philip
12 - Quasar

That's strange. I thought I had before. Here's my solution.

Philip
12 - Quasar

@JordanB I did upload a yxzp file here:

http://community.alteryx.com/t5/Advanced-Analytics/Is-it-possible-to-make-alteryx-workflow-same-as-A...

Is there different posting rules for the Advanced Analytics area?

JordanB
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Philip

Each knowledgebase has its own rules regarding publishing file types. 

Best,

Jordan Barker

Solutions Consultant 

Labels