Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Convert 2018-04-12T13:27:48.517Z to EST

ISUGraber
8 - Asteroid

I am pulling dates in through an API and it is coming through formatted as above.  After looking online I believe the "Z" is stating the date is in UTC and the T is simply a barrier between the date and time.  Now what would be the best way to convert this to a date time string in EST?

I tried the simple "DateTime" icon converter but I believe the T and Z are confusing it.  

I tried creating my own Regex to convert this to a string and then thought I'd use the DateTimeToLocal() command to get to the datetime I want.  Below is my Regex.  Would it be easier to just remove the T and Z, convert to datetime and then datetime local?

(\d{2}-\d{2}-\d{4}T\d{2}:\d{2}:\d{2}.\d{3})

4 REPLIES 4
ZacharyM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Using the DateTime tool in Custom mode with the following in the formula should do the trick;

yyyy-mm-ddThh:mm:ss

You'll still need to convert to local, but to get it in DateTime type, this should work.

image.png

Cheers!

Zak

ISUGraber
8 - Asteroid

Thank you, that was so much simpler than what I was trying to do!

Karam
8 - Asteroid

You can also use this formula to remove T & Z:

Replace(Replace(YOUR_DATE_TIME, 'T', ' '), 'Z', '')

Select the data type of the output as datetime & convert to your preferred timezone

Karam

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

hi @ISUGraber

Once you have the UTC datetime in Alteryx format, you can use the DateTimeToLocal() function, in a formula tool of course, to convert it to your local time zone.

Dan

Labels