Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Convert 2 Output Reports in One Report

SebasWU
7 - Meteor

Hi, 

I Just want to know if anyone knows which is the best approach in order to convert 2 Output Data Results in 1 Report, I already try several times however, I just a duplicate the scenario, the result should be 409 rows.

Please let me know if anyone know which is the best approach in order to convert these 2 output files keeping the criteria for each file.

4 REPLIES 4
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Without the input data files, I can't say for sure what the best course of action is. If that data (or a sample) cannot be shared, here's a few questions to guide this process:

- Do both outputs have the same fields and you'd like the results union-ed ("stacked") into one table of results? 

- Would you like them on different sheets of the same Excel workbook?

SebasWU
7 - Meteor

@CharlieS Thanks for your answer let me attached both files.

- Do both outputs have the same fields and you'd like the results union-ed ("stacked") into one table of results? Yes this is What I need.

SebasWU
7 - Meteor

@CharlieS  here is the other file.

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

It looks like Account Number is the unique identifying field between the two data sources. I used that to join the geocode data to the 12 records that it was available for. After that, since I still wanted the unmatched (outer-join) results from the Location report, I used the Union tool to add the unmatched records. The final output has 409 records.

Check out the attached example solution and let me know if you have any questions. 

Labels