Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Continue if {condition} Else Wait with an Iterative Macro

EEdLoh
8 - Asteroid

I'm trying to create a workflow that checks dates from two different sources, let's call them TD and SP, and if the TD date is greater than the SP date it will update the SP source from the TD. If it is not greater, it will wait some predetermined amount of time and check again. I'm using the Wait a Second tool in the CReW macro set to make it pause, but I'm new to iterative macros (or really just macros) and I'm getting an error I don't understand. It says 'The output connection "True" was not valid'. Can anyone take a look at this and let me know what I'm going wrong?

3 REPLIES 3
jrgo
14 - Magnetar

@EEdLoh,

First problem I noticed is that your field names used in the tables going into your macro are not the same as your template sources you configured in your Macro Input tools. You can either update your Text Input boxes in your workflow (not macro) to match up OR in your macro, check the "Show Field Map" box. If you do the latter, the tool configuration when you click on the macro will ask you to select which field is what.

image.png 

I believe this will fix the error you're seeing, but I don't believe will still accomplish your end goal. If I understand what your macro is going to do, it will only pass one record in either direction from your Filter. The "Wait a Second" tool is going to be useless because it's designed to add a pause between records, but being there's only one, there's no pause. Your macro is also set to stop after 100 iterations, which you can change in the macro's properties in Interface Designer.

Hope this helps!

Jimmy

EEdLoh
8 - Asteroid

The macro part actually runs fine on it's own and the Wait a Second tool puts the pause in there even if only a single record is passed, despite what the description says. Mapping the columns worked. Thanks for your help.

EEdLoh
8 - Asteroid

Finished Product, If anybody's interested.

Labels