Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Contents of the data are not filled in to Power BI Online.

Yasu
7 - Meteor

Hi,
I have created a workflow to output to Power bi using " Publish To PowerBI" function.
When I run this workflow, it was created the new table on Power BI online, but the contents of the data are not set.

Has anyone else experienced the issue? If so, what was reason of this error and how did you fix it? Thanks for any help!

4.png2.png3.png

2 REPLIES 2
ChristianR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Yasu

I have been able to replicate your issue and it seems the culprit of the issue is keeping the Column Names unchanged.  E.g Field1, Field2.  After running a few test if the Column Name is kept the same the fields values will not show up.  However, renaming the Column name to Field_1, Field_2 shows the values correctly.  However, we are aware of an issue where the data cannot include column names that start with numbers or contain periods but this appears to be different.  https://help.alteryx.com/2018.1/index.htm#PublishToPowerBI.htm

In the meantime please rename your field names in Designer to either Field_1, Field_2 or give them a meaningful name but make sure they don't start with a number or contain periods.  I will escalate this internally to see if this has previously been reported or otherwise to make sure we have this logged so we can address this on a future release.

Christian Rincon
Manager, Customer Support
Alteryx, Inc.
Yasu
7 - Meteor

Tkank you, ChristianR. I tried and solved it.

Labels