Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Contains not working as expected

daniel_rdz
5 - Atom

Hi everyone,

I am having trouble making the following formula work properly.

IF Contains("APT", [Atribute]) then "APT" else Null() ENDIF

It works fine when [Atribute] contains "APT" by itself, but it does not work with cases such as "APT-AAA".

I want to ifentify any cell that contains "APT" ¿Am I not using the correct function?

Any help is appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @daniel_rdz can you try this syntax IF Contains([Atribute], "APT") then "APT" else Null() ENDIF?

ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @daniel_rdz  - As @JosephSerpis wrote you just need to swap "APT" and [Atribute] to make the expression work as you expected.

Here is the syntax for "Contains": Contains(String, Target, CaseInsensitive=1): Searches for the occurrence of a particular string within a string. Returns True if (String) contains (Target), else returns False.

You can read more in the documentation: https://help.alteryx.com/current/designer/string-functions

Also, you can check syntax of those functions that you do not know very well in Designer:

ArtApa_0-1595292722225.png

Labels