Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Container Alignment

lmaughan
7 - Meteor

I would like to align containers that are different sizes.  Is there a slick way to align two or more containers so that they are consistent size and can be arranged on the canvas for better presentation?  The only way I have found is to drag the tools inside the container until the desired alignment is achieved.  I was hoping I could set the pixel size, etc.

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@lmaughan 
It appears that the function you are asking for is not exactly available now. Hopefully Alteryx can hear you and make improvements on that.
For the mean time, there might be a workaround for your consideration.

By showing Grid in Cavas and Check on the Snap Grid Option migh help you position the container.
And the size of Container is adaptive to the tools inside, so you can adjust the tool location to have what you want.1020-lmaughan.png1020-lmaughan-1.PNG

T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Hi @lmaughan,

You can arrange Container tools that are different sizes.  After putting the Container tools close to the right alignment, close the Container tools (blue bar), highlight the Containers you want to align, then right click and Arrange Horizonal or Arrange Vertical.  When you open the Containers, the will still be the original size, but now aligned with each other. 

pallavigarg
5 - Atom

Tried to work with the container tool today and it did not feel that simple. I will play around with the functionalities suggested here and will comment further. 

Labels