Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Constraints on filling up a box

YLYONG
9 - Comet

Hello,

I have a simple workflow below to determine how many totes I need to fill up all 30 items constrained by the maximum weight and volume a tote can hold.

I need to add two more constraints:

- no mixing of categories in a tote

- the maximum number of items in a tote is 3

How can I do this?

Thank you.

YLYONG_0-1660992951191.png

4 REPLIES 4
ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @YLYONG - There was a mistake in your workflow. You simply changed a Volume (cm) data type then 15,168 was converted to 15.

Now, I used the same logic as in your original workflow and added the required conditions:

ArtApa_0-1661064981243.png

However, in the scenario above some totes of the same category can be now fully filled. The other approach, which may work better would be a combination of a batch macro with Categories as control parameter and an Iterative macro, which will fully fill each tote. 

YLYONG
9 - Comet

@ArtApa 

agree, to optimize tote fill, iterative macro running all possible item combinations within each Categories will give us the absolute minimum tote count.

@ArtApa any chance we can include a view of what items are in each of the totes?

Thank you

ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @YLYONG - This is how you can add this information. Items sharing the same Tile2 number will be packaged in the appropriate number of totes. For example, Tile2 = 2 will be packaged in 1 tote. Tile2 = 11 will be packaged in 2 totes, not 6. Hope that makes sense.

ArtApa_0-1661161442071.png

YLYONG
9 - Comet

@ArtApa this makes sense and works perfectly! Thank you

Labels