Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Consolidation of data

AbdullahMansour90
7 - Meteor

Hi all, I would like to consolidate numerical input of 12 balance sheet, profit and loss statements for different business units into one excel sheet, I need a workflow that sums records in those 12 balance sheets by name into one output sheet. 

any help?  

5 REPLIES 5
grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @AbdullahMansour90,

Are all those balance sheet in the same workbook or in different files? Here are my thoughts:

1) 12 Sheets in one Excel -> Input (List Sheet names) + Dynamic Input + Summarize + Output

2) 12 sheets in different files -> Input (with Wildcard) + Summarize + Output 

Let me know what you think. And feel free to provide a minimal sample, so we can build a workflow for you 🙂

Best

Alex

AbdullahMansour90
7 - Meteor

Hi Alex, 

Thanks a lot for your response, it is 12 sheets in different files, can you please elaborate more about wild card? is it an add in? or a macro app? it is my first week in alteryx 😄 so i am a little bit confused, thanks a lot. 

grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

No problem, I'll get into more detail and attach a sample workflow. I'll show the workflow first and than talk about the wildcard.

Workflow:

grossal_0-1587154081557.png

Workflow log:

grossal_1-1587154112594.png

As you can see, the workflow imported three files - but there is only one Input-Tool. 

grossal_2-1587154159052.png

The * in the file name replaces the actual filename and replaces it with a schema. Basically the input looks for all ".xlsx" file in my folder and tries to read them. They have to have the same schema, but that's it. 

I'll attach everything for you to check it out yourself. Feel free to ask if I wasn't able to explain it good enough.

Best

Alex

AbdullahMansour90
7 - Meteor

Hi Alex 

Yes, that was very informative, i get it now, tried your worksheets, understood how that goes, i will apply it to my sheets. 

Thank you very much. 

grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

You are welcome!

Have fun with Alteryx and feel free to come back to the community if you have any questions 🙂

Labels