Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Consolidate data that has the same schema and add a new column to the output sheet

Inactive User
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

My 3rd day on Alteryx and oh boy have I been missing out! I have a quick question regarding something fairly straightforward but not so much to me.

I am basically compiling a 50 files that all have the same schema into a single output sheet. I was able to do this with the Input Directory/Dynamic Input commands. However, I am also trying to add a new column to the output sheet that would paste in the name of each file that is being taken from the input directory. That way on the final output that has the tab from each file consolidated, I would be able to tell which file each data set is from (mostly concerned with the date in the file name).

Is this possible at all? 

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus
Hi!

It's very easy to pull through the filename in Alteryx.

In your dynamic input tool, when you set up the template input one of the options is something along the lines of 'include filename as field's, by default this is set to no, but you can change that.

Ben

Inactive User
Not applicable

Legend, thanks Ben!

Labels